Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Salar de Uyuni

Hey folks!

Here is a great article I found explaining where I'll be for the following 6 days.


I bought a coat, leg warmers, thick leggings, and a sweater in preparation for this trip. The salt flats are supposed to be beautiful and freezing. I'm hoping the Chicago winters have prepared me for this trip. This is also, I hope, the last mini trip I'll be taking to somewhere colder than Cochabamba. The other place I want to go, Villa Tunari, is supposed to be wonderfully warm and tropical. We leave Wednesday at 12:30pm for a 4 hour bus ride, then at 7:00pm we catch an overnight train arriving at 8:00am where our tour guide will pick us up. The train was out of second class seats, so we had to buy first class tickets. I am sure you all know how upset that makes me. :-)

I get back sometime Tuesday. Until then!

Hillary

3 comments:

  1. You should go to the Atacama desert (in Northern Chile) on the weekend of July 30th to come visit me! It will be warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Hillary,
    Sounds like you are having one great adventure after another. Enjoy the salt flats tour and be safe. Luv Ya Much, The"G" Parents

    ReplyDelete