Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Day in Cochabamba

Hey guys!

This is my last full day in Cochabamba- tomorrow at 5 am I head to the airport for my flight to La Paz. I have one night in La Paz and then I'm on my way home!

At this point I'm pretty much packed- minus the stuff I'm going to need until tomorrow. I got my laundry back this morning at 11 am after I went over and pleaded with them yesterday morning to have it before 6pm tonight (which is what they first told me). Devan, the volunteer coordinator, found it in her heart to let me print off my hotel reservation for La Paz, and my flight info, off of one of the office computers. There is a new girl from Chicago that arrived today! Of course she gets here right as I'm leaving.

The only thing I have to do today is meet Sarah and Dave for dinner! Since all of my entertainment is packed away, I'm just sitting here waiting for 7 o'clock to get here and reminiscing about my past 72 days in Bolivia.

It has been such an amazing summer. I've made friends from all over the U.S. and from all over the world. I've learned so much from all of these people and I really hope to stay in touch with many of them. You don't truly know a place until you've lived there, and I feel like I've lived in Bolivia. I've been all over this country on buses and trains and I've met the people and heard what they've had to say about politics, family, and food. It has been a wonderful trip and I'm so happy all of you have followed along with me. From spiders attacking my shack and having an emergency move to a room indoors, bagged milk, and all of my weekend excursions, to practicing a language and making great friends- I couldn't ask for more.

Stay tuned! I leave for Paris in just over two weeks! We've almost reached the Europe side of my Bolivia and Europe 2010 blog! I'll most likely post while I'm at home as well because I'm predicting some reverse culture shock that I want to write about (like actually throwing away your toilet paper IN the toilet..).

Love always,

Hillary

1 comment:

  1. I SOOOO MISS THROWING AWAY TOILET PAPER IN THE TOILET (not to mention other unmentionables...hehe.)

    I'm so jealous, I want to go home. I get home Monday though, not too much later after you.

    Have a safe flight! See you in Evanston!

    ReplyDelete