Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

Hey everyone!

I've been home for a few days now and it's been grand. I got off the plane (2 hours behind schedule) in O'hare on Friday and felt so relieved to be home. I had gotten about two hours of sleep in 48 hours and I had been fully awake for the journey home, but as soon as I saw my family I let myself get tired. My flight was delayed leaving Miami and we were re-routed due to a storm in Chicago. If my flight hadn't been delayed I would've missed it- when entering the U.S. you have to go through customs at your first port of entry and that meant I had to wait 30 minutes for my luggage, and then go through customs, re-check it, leave it in a pile of luggage, and walk to a separate concourse to check in and go through security again. I was lugging around a really heavy bag and that, combined with the mugginess of Miami and me running all over the place, got me really gross and sweaty.

When I got in the car with Mom, Dad, and Mo, I was like "Hey! This is the first time I've used a seat belt in two months!" Needless to say Mom was not amused.

Oddly enough, the hardest thing to re-acclimate to is throwing toilet paper in the toilet. It took me so long to get used to throwing it in the trash and now I can't shake the habit. Since I've been home I've gone shopping with Mo and Mom, met up with Tom and the rest of the guys at Gurnee Mills, watched It's Complicated with the fam, saw Morgan perform her monologue in a showcase, spent an entire day watching movies and eating junk with Rachel, and eaten all of my favorite foods. Oh, and I can't leave out the multitude of mosquito bites I've acquired since my return. Everyone is telling me this is the summer of the bugs.

I still have a week and a half until I leave for Paris and I plan to spend that time eating more of my favorite foods and catching up on my movies.

Until then!

Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment