Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yanky DOODLE Dandy

Hi everyone!

I just got back from Rennes a few hours ago and I am thoroughly exhausted. However, I put together a quick post about my notebook doodles!

So, Morgan has borrowed books that I used in high school for her classes in the past and she likes to comment on my random and sometimes frequent doodling. Today on the train back from Rennes I photo-documented all of the doodles from my notebook for one of my classes here and I've compiled them into this post! This is the class that all of the public health students have together, and it encompasses 3 total public health classes. It's also the class that went to Rennes.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that doodling = slacking off! (This is directed to you Mom and Dad.) I, like many people, have doodled since middle school and it hasn't affected my schoolwork thus far. Here we go!

(If you need to enlarge these pictures to play my "find it" games, just click on an image and it should open up in a new window to appear larger.)

Can you find the following objects in this doodle?

-Footsteps, batman symbol, clock, maple leaf, normal leaf, acorn, birds, ocean, octopus, stingray, trees, fish


We had a lot of lectures in Rennes and they were all guest lecturers. One of our lecturers was French-Canadian.
One of our lecturers was explaining how countries use different but specific methods to tackle issues (something that has already been covered ad nauseam back in class in Paris).

Ok, I'll cover this in the Rennes post, but there was a spider in our class Tuesday afternoon, and the spider was huge enough to freak out everyone who saw it (about half the class). Everyone around me was incapable of paying full attention to our lecturer because the spider ended up under the heater directly behind my chair. We all had our feet up on our seats.

I saw this girl on the Metro with a really cute and comfy outfit on so I was taking note of it in my notebook when I remembered it in class.

Two students from the public health school we were staying at gave a lecture on what goes into becoming a hospital director.


One of our lecturers had a shirt that said "The Adventures of Oliver Twist" on it, and it was semi-see through which meant I could see that her bra was neon pink with green ribbon detailing. I thought this was really funny since she's French so she's supposed to be impecably dressed. I wanted to draw her so I could remember to put it in my blog later. First I drew the shirt and then I added her head, short bob, and glasses, but I made her head way too small for the shirt. I tried to fix it by making her hair bigger. I also wanted to include the shirt and bra wardrobe malfunction so I drew a bra over her shirt. Then I realized I was drawing a bra on a woman in my notebook and that anyone could peer over and decide I was really creepy. I drew horizontal stripes on her shirt to disguise it.

I don't really have an explanation for the boy looking off into the sunrise behind a mountain.. I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I could draw a person with normal proportions. (I didn't..I kept having to add hair so his head would match his body).

The doodle below was actually during our group presentations in Paris on a day when we had French from 10:15 to 12:00 and then public health from 12:30 to 7:00. I drew this during the last presentation on the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation when I simply couldn't concentrate anymore.

Can you find the following objects in this doodle?

Shark, dolphin (2), sun, tortoise, lots of fish, octopus (2), seaweed, clam, eel, squid, angelfish, sunken vessel, crab

Look for a new post in the next couple of days!

Love,

Hillary

1 comment: